Welcome to OpenMS!
@OpenMS is an open-source C++ software library for LC-MS data management and analysis with python wrappers, a large modular toolset and workflows for e.g., Galaxy, KNIME and nextflow.
OpenMS is a community-driven open source project developed by a diverse group of contributors. The OpenMS leadership has made a strong commitment to creating an open, inclusive, and positive community. Please read the OpenMS Code of Conduct for guidance on how to interact with others in a way that makes the community thrive.
Here’s how to get started:
- 📚 Browse through the main library code under OpenMS/OpenMS
- 👩💻 Check out the documentation.
- 🙋♀️ Come and say hi on our or channels.
- 🍿 Tune in for news about developer/user meetings and events, get involved!
- 🌈 Please abide by our community code of conduct
We offer several communication channels to learn, share your knowledge and connect with others within the OpenMS community.
Discord allows the users to communicate in different channels, publicly as well as privately
The following repositories can be used:
- OpenMS (Bug Reports, Feature requests)
- OpenMS-docs (Documentation-related issues)
- OpenMS.de (Any issue related to website)
- pyopenms-docs (Any issue related to pyopenms)
In case if you are confused, please ask your query here
GitHub issue tracker
The issue tracker can be used for:
- Bug reports (e.g. “Filter doesn’t work for 1D data”)
- Feature requests
- Tools (The OpenMS Pipeline - TOPP)
A real-time chat room to ask questions about OpenMS.
OpenMS mailing list
These lists are the main form of receiving OpenMS-related updates, like new features, changes to the roadmap, and all kinds of project-wide decision making.
There are two mailing list currently:
- open-ms-announcements - Announcements about OpenMS, such as for releases, developer meetings, sprints or conference talks are made on this list.
- open-ms-general - For addressing any queries or suggestion from the users.
Contact us or just follow the latest OpenMS news on Twitter.
Join the OpenMS Community
To thrive, the OpenMS project needs your expertise and enthusiasm. Not a coder? Not a problem! There are many ways to contribute to OpenMS.
If you are interested in becoming a OpenMS contributor (yay!) we recommend checking out our Contribute page.