We have several open Ph.D. / Post-Doc positions in Bioinformatics at the Kohlbacher Group (University of Tübingen) to work with OpenMS on cutting edge research projects.
If you love open science and would like to work within a large research-oriented open-source project feel free to contact us about specific project details.
In general, you will work in a multidisciplinary Applied Bioinformatics research group as part of the mass-spectrometry special interest group as part of a diverse team of developers and scientists. A large part of the group is located at the WSI for Informatics of the University of Tübingen but associations exist with the clinics and the Max-Planck-Institute.
Responsibilities are project dependent and may include:
- Building analysis workflows
- Maintaining OpenMS and working on releases
- Conduct own research related to mass-spectrometry by developing new tools
- Publish the results of your research and present it at international conferences
- Generic software engineering tasks (e.g. designing efficient data structures or file formats) or user interface developments to be carried out
- Background in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology or related fields
- Ideally, skilled in C++ and Git(Hub)-based version control
- Basic knowledge about mass-spectrometry with eagerness to learn
- Experience with a workflow system (e.g. KNIME, Galaxy, or nextflow) is beneficial
- Strong command of English